QuickBooks is one of the best accounting solutions widely used for its excellent features. You can manage the major competencies of your business accounting and can get insightful information about your business performance. QuickBooks Payroll is also one of the highly valued services among users. However, when setting up or using the payroll service in the QuickBooks Desktop application, you can get Intuit QuickBooks error PS032 on your screen. This annoying error prevents users from using the payroll features in the program; therefore needs to get resolved immediately. But how? Reading this full post not only answers your queries related to the QuickBooks error PS032 but also explains some of the best solutions to fix it. Let’s find out!
What Is QuickBooks Payroll Error PS032?
QuickBooks update error PS032 occurs when downloading the latest updates for the QuickBooks payroll service. The error message reads:
[PS032] QuickBooks can not read your payroll setup files, Note the message number at the beginning of this message, and click Help for troubleshooting tips to resolve this problem.
You might update the tax table after the arrival of the error; however, you may not be able to proceed further with the ongoing update task for the QuickBooks Payroll service. Any error code that starts with PS depicts an error related to the QuickBooks Payroll service.
Why Is It Important To Update QuickBooks Payroll Service?
It is always good to use the latest updated version of the QuickBooks payroll service and the program itself. It not only ensures that you are using the most error-free version of the program but also enables you to harvest the improved features of the program. Updating your payroll service lets you use the latest payroll tax tables and prevents you from making payroll errors.
What Are The Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS032?
Now that we know about the error code, let’s discuss some of the primary reasons that can block your QuickBooks payroll update process:
- When the entered billing information is not correct.
- QuickBooks is unable to read the data from the program.
- Damaged tax files in QuickBooks payroll or its components.
- Damaged or corrupt QuickBooks data files can also bring forth the error when updating QuickBooks payroll.
- Make sure that you have registered the QuickBooks program or it can give the error code PS032.
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error Code PS032
The arrival of the Intuit QuickBooks error PS032 can show up the following triggers when occurs:
- you may not be able to update the QuickBooks Payroll service.
- Issues in installing the updates for payroll.
- Difficulty in working on the tax table.
- Lethargic performance of the system.
- QuickBooks opens several programs at random.
- Error code PS032 shows up on your screen.
Things To Consider Before Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error Message PS032
Before troubleshooting the Intuit QuickBooks error PS032, you need to validate the below-given points:
- in the first place, make sure that you have an active QuickBooks payroll subscription. If not, you can get the error when downloading the updates for it.
- Also, confirm that you are using the latest version of the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Make sure that the billing information in the payroll account is accurate.
- Besides, ensure that no multiple instances of the QuickBooks are installed on your system.
- Create a backup of your company file to prevent the loss of your accounting data.
How To Eliminate QuickBooks Error PS032?
After knowing all the important aspects related to the error PS032 in QuickBooks, let’s discuss some effective troubleshooting solutions to fix it:
Solution 1: When You Have A Single Version Of QuickBooks Installed On Your System
- First of all, create a backup of the QuickBooks data file.
- Next, close all the applications running in the background.
- Thereafter, click on the Run button.
For Windows 8 Users
- Go to the Windows System to use this version and then hit the Start button.
- Next, right-click on “Background to All Apps”.
- Now open the Run window.
For Windows XP and 7 Users
- Log into the system as an administrator.
- Next, click on All Programs.
- Moving ahead, click on Accessories.
- In the end, click Run.
Steps For Windows Vista Users
- Click on the Start button and then tap Run in the search area.
- Now go to the Control Panel and access the Programs and Features section.
- Double-click on a program to add or remove it.
- Do not proceed if you have only one version installed.
- Click Next, when the installation wizard appears on your screen.
- Now Remove and then again hit Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Next to the QuickBooks error message PS032, you will see an option to go online and complete the update.
- Click Yes when prompted to do so and it will restore the update.
- Next, click OK on the error message and the download process begins automatically. A similar error message appears.
- In case, the data is stored on the server, leave QuickBooks on every computer.
- Now run the latest update using the server only.
- In the end, complete the update for QuickBooks payroll.
Solution 2: Download Updates & Payroll Tax Tables
Follow the below-given steps to complete this procedure:
- First thing first, remove the current and additional installation.
- Thereafter, choose Update QuickBooks from within the Help menu.
- Besides, you also need to reset the QuickBooks update (recommended).
- Moving ahead, download the recent version of the payroll tax table.
- Next, sort the list based on the verified data.
- Perform the uninstall in selective startup mode to clean up the system.
- In the end, update your tax table.
Solution 3: When You Have Multiple Instances of QuickBooks Installed
First of all, install a fresh version of the program and open it to selective startup. Now perform the below-given steps:
- Remove any additional installation if you have different versions of QuickBooks installed on your computer.
- After resetting the update, restart the QuickBooks software.
- Now download the payroll tax tables for the current year and move to the next step.
- Here, you need to re-sort all the lists and verify/rebuild the data.
- Finally, select Selective Startup and install the software cleanly.
Check if this procedure resolves the error. If not, try the next method.
Solution 4: Make Sure That Your Billing Information is Correct
As we have discussed earlier, incorrect or outdated billing information can give rise to the Intuit QuickBooks error PS032. In such a case, you need to verify if the entered billing information is correct or not. In this procedure, you need to note down your license number as well. Now follow the below-given steps:
- From within the QuickBooks, press the F2 button and it will open the Product Information window.
- Now take a note of your license number.
- Moving ahead, click OK and exit the Product Information window.
Solution 5: Rename The CPS Folder
Follow the below-stated steps to rename the CPS folder:
- First of all, press Windows + E buttons simultaneously to open the file explorer.
- Next, you need to select This PC from the drop-down menu.
- Moving ahead, proceed to local disk C to locate the program file.
- Alternatively, you can locate the program files by opening the program files folder if you can’t find them.
- Now, open the QuickBooks folder where your QuickBooks version is located.
- Here, you need to access the components and go to the payroll folder.
- Now, locate and right-click on the CPS folder and select Rename from the drop-down list.
- Rename it to CPSOLD and hit enter to save the changes you have made.
- Now launch the QuickBooks program and create a new CPS folder.
- You may now start using the payroll tax table update after downloading it.
Solution 6: Disable UAC (User Account Control)
Sometimes, enabled User Account Control can interfere with a QuickBooks Payroll update process giving rise to Intuit QuickBooks error PS032. Here, you need to disable UAC to resolve the problem. Follow the below-given steps:
- In the first place, go to the Start menu and then choose Control Panel.
- Next, type UAC in the search box and then hit Enter button.
- Moving ahead, change UAC Settings and move to the next step.
- Next, click Yes and click on the Never Notify option to deactivate the User Account Control.
- Enter your admin user information when you are prompted to do so.
- In the end, try to download/update the latest payroll again by restarting QuickBooks.
Getting technical issues can be annoying when your work progress gets hampered. Intuit QuickBooks error PS032 is one such issue in the program that can stop you from downloading the latest Payroll updates. However, this post elaborates on some important aspects of the QuickBooks error PS032 along with some effective troubleshooting solutions. If you are not comfortable with the troubleshooting solutions, get in touch with the experts for a fast and hassle-free error resolution.