We are back again! Today, in this blog we are going to discuss everything about QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 and what are the reasons behind the error, and how to get it resolved. So, stay tuned and read this blog till the last word.
QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Facing errors in QuickBooks is not a big challenge. Although, it can become a trouble when the user fails to solve the error. We know how a user feels when he or she fails to perform a business activity in the QuickBooks. That’s why we are here to help you.
QuickBooks error code 80070057 is a run time error that usually occurs when the user tries to open a company’s file. It simply indicates that the user does not have enough permission to delete the QuickBooks file in the folder. Although, an error cannot occur without any proper or valid reason behind it. So, let’s have a look at the reasons due to why the QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 occurs.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Describing a specific reason due to which you are facing the QuickBooks error code 80070057 is not possible. That’s why below we have mentioned some of the possible reasons due to that the QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 usually occurs.
• Incorrect firewall settings.
• The network file in QuickBooks is damaged or corrupted.
• Wrong extensions for the file.
• When the QuickBooks installation file is damaged or corrupted.
• Antivirus software is disabling the QuickBooks to perform efficiently.
• Tried to open a company’s file which is stored in another computer or folder.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error Code 15240
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Once you are all cleared with the possible reasons behind the occurrence of the error, now let’s have a look at the symptoms of the error so that you can check whether your system is facing the QuickBooks Error Code 80070057.
• Pop-up notification message on the screen with an error report.
• The program window is crashing simultaneously.
• PC is hanging frequently.
• Fails to delete the company’s file.
• QuickBooks software starts crashing.
How to Solve QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
After you have acquired all the information about the QuickBooks error code 80070057, now, let’s discuss the methods and the solutions to get the error resolved. Although, we strongly suggest you to follow each method carefully and avoid any type of hurries to get the error resolved on the first try.
Solution 1: Updating QuickBooks Version
Sometimes, when you are using an outdated version of an application or software, then it can eventually lead to the occurrence of an error. That’s why we have mentioned this point at the top, so that if it will be the main reason for the error, then your time will be saved from trying the other methods. Now, to update the QuickBooks to the latest version, here are the steps that you can follow.
• First of all, run the QuickBooks and go to the help section.
• Then under the help section, you will see find an option to update the QuickBooks.
• Click on that option.
• After that, reset the update and then the updating process will start.
• You can also select the automatic update option to avoid updating the application again in the future.
• Now, change the extension of the updated folder.
• Then create a new folder and copy and paste the company’s file from the original folder to the new folder.
• Now, change the extension of the folder to .qbm.
After this step, you have successfully completed the first step. Now run the QuickBooks software and perform the same task again through which you faced the error initially. Most probably the error will be resolved. In case, if the error still exists, then don’t get panic and follow the next solution.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error PS032
Solution 2: Renaming the network data (.ND) File
When the network data file of the QuickBooks is corrupted or damaged, then it can cause the QuickBooks to malfunction which will further lead to the occurrence of the error. So, renaming the network data can be a solution for the error. Here are the steps that you can follow to rename the network data file.
• Go to the QuickBooks company file directory.
• Then, search for the network data file having.ND extension.
• Now, right click on the data file and then click on the rename option.
• Add “.abc” at the end of the file’s name and then press the enter button.
Now, run the QuickBooks software and perform the same task again to ensure that whether the QuickBooks error code 80070057 has been resolved or not.
Solution 3: Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Using the QuickBooks File Doctor tool can directly help the users to solve many issues or errors in the QuickBooks software and error code 80070057 is among one of them that can be resolved with the help of the file doctor tool. So, here are the steps that you can use to fix the error with the help of the file doctor tool.
• At first, download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your PC.
• Then go to the “Company File Issue” section.
• Now, search for the “Run QuickBooks File Doctor” option and click on that.
• If there will be an issue with the company’s file in QuickBooks, then it will automatically solve all the issues.
Read Also – QuickBooks Login Problems
Solution 4: Restore the company’s file to the default location
When the company’s file is located in the wrong folder, then it can create trouble in loading and then further lead to the occurrence of the error. So, to restore the company’s file in the default location, here are the steps that you can follow.
• First, go to the current company file’s location.
• Now, right click on that file’s name and click on the “Copy” option.
• Then go to the “My-Computer” on your PC.
• Open the “C: drive” and then start looking for these options.
- Public Documents
- Company Files
• After that, press the “Ctrl” and “V” buttons together to paste the file.
• Now, open the QuickBooks application and click on the “Find company-file” option.
• At last, select your company’s file.
Solution 5: Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Even after following all the above methods, if the error still exists, then try to run the QuickBooks Database server manager. This tool will directly scan all your files to search for the issues. So, to run the QuickBooks database server manager, here are the steps that you can follow.
• At first, you have to download and install the QuickBooks database server manager from the official website of Intuit.
• Now add a sample folder to your PC and then navigate the server manager to the location where you have saved the file.
• After that, add the company’s file and then start scanning the files for issues.
• Once the scanning process ends, then open the company’s file again and run the QuickBooks software and ensure the presence of the QuickBooks error code 80070057.
Read Also – QuickBooks Not Responding
Solution 6: Arrange BitDefender
• At first, go to the main menu of BitDefender 10.0 and then click on the antivirus option.
• Then choose the “Custom Level”.
• Now, make sure to choose to Exclude the path from the scan.
• Move ahead by selecting the new item and at last, finally, select the mapped drive or the UNC path which is that is used to browse the company file. Like as “Q:\”
Solution 7: Run QuickBooks as an Administrator
If you want to use the QuickBooks efficiently without facing any issues, then you have to ensure that it has all the required admin rights to run properly. Now, to do so here are the steps.
• First of all, exit the QuickBooks Desktop application and close all the background running applications or software.
• Then right click on the QuickBooks icon and select the “Run as administrator” option.
• After that, if the company’s file did not open automatically, then select the company’s file and click on the “Open”.
In this blog, we have tried our best to provide you with all the authentic and useful information regarding the QuickBooks Error Code 80070057. Above, we have mentioned 7 solutions to get the QuickBooks error Code 80070057 resolved. In case, if you like the content, then do share it with your business friends or colleagues who are also using the QuickBooks so that in the future if they will face an error, they will be aware of the reasons and how to get the error resolved.
Thanks for being here at the end of the blog.
FAQs On QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Question – 1 – When does QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 appear?
Ans – QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 appears when there is an issue communicating with the QuickBooks company file. The error code indicates that the user cannot eliminate or erase their QuickBooks files from any specified folder due to a lack of permissions.
Question – 2 – How can you repair QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
Ans – There are around six troubleshoot options for you to go ahead with to fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057. They are:
• Correctly access the company file
• Make sure you are working on the updated version of QuickBooks
• Go ahead and run QuickBooks with admin permissions
• Use File Doctor of QuickBooks
• Check the location of your company file and place it in the QuickBooks folder
• Resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 manually
Question – 3 – What is QuickBooks File Doctor?
Ans – QuickBooks is a tool that you can install if you need some help in fixing some network issues or recovering QuickBooks company files that are damaged. The processor is fast and hardly takes 5 minutes to perform the task it is assigned.
Question – 4 – How can I rename a .ND or .TLG file?
Ans – You can rename the .ND and .TLG files by following the steps mentioned below:
• Search for the .ND and .TLG file in the QuickBooks installation folder.
• Now, right-click on them one by one and make the edits.
• Add .OLD to each file name and save them.
Question – 5 – What does .ND and .TLG files mean?
Ans – ND, short for Network Data, and TLG, short for Transaction Log, are two different types of files in QuickBooks. They help QuickBooks to access your company files and are one of the few reasons for QuickBooks company file errors. You might need to rename and recreate these files in case of such errors to get them fixed.