QuickBooks error code 1304 is a common QuickBooks desktop error that arises when the user tries to download or update QuickBooks desktop accounting software to the latest release. Many possible reasons or factors lead to the error, but it most commonly arises when the setup file is damaged or corrupted.
Error code 1304 in QuickBooks appears with a pop-up display message as;
If you are facing QuickBooks error 1304, you can read this post until the end to know all the tips and solutions you can execute to terminate the error.
“Get immediate help from QuickBooks experts in resolving the errors by connecting with our experts at Toll-Free Number 1888-405-0630.
Recommended To Read –How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15215
Which Factors Provoke QuickBooks Error 1304?
Let’s discuss some of the possible reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error 1304;
- QuickBooks desktop installer is unable to view the installation files from the CD.
- QuickBooks software installer file is damaged or corrupted.
- An outdated or damaged Microsoft .NET framework could lead to Error 1304 QuickBooks.
- PC’s window files are damaged or missing.
How to Terminate Error 1304 in QuickBooks Desktop?
After having a clear knowledge of the possible reasons behind QuickBooks error 1304, let’s take a look at the detailed solutions that you can perform step-by-step to get the error resolved;
Solution 1. Performing Windows Disk Cleanup
If your PC’s storage is filled with excessive temporary folders and junk files, it can slow down your system’s operating speed and may lead to various technical glitches. Therefore, we suggest you delete the junk and temporary folders.
Here are the steps that you can follow to perform a disk cleanup on your windows device;
- First, open the windows run command on your device, and type “Disk Cleanup” in the search bar.
- Thereon, hit the enter button, and select the drive you want to clear.
- Scroll down to the “Files to Delete” section, and select the files you want to delete.
- At last, click on the “OK” option to get the temporary files deleted.
Solution 2. Install QuickBooks Via PC’s Local Storage
If there is an issue with the QuickBooks installation file, it can lead to QuickBooks error 1304. Therefore, you must install the QuickBooks desktop from local storage in that scenario.
- Insert the installation file on your PC.
- As the installation process starts automatically, immediately click on the “Quit” option.
- Move to the PC desktop screen, and right-click on the free space.
- Thereon, add a new folder, and set the folder’s name as “QuickBooks.”
- Move to the windows file explorer on your device, and do double-click on the CD drive.
- Thereon, copy all the files by pressing the “Ctrl + A” and “Ctrl + C” keys together.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks folder and press the “Ctrl + V” keys to paste the files.
- Followed by the above steps, double-click on the setup.exe file.
- Keep following the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
Once you are done with the setup process, launch the QuickBooks desktop application, and check whether the error code 1304 QuickBooks has been fixed. If not, try the next solution.
Read Also: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1935
Solution 3. Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks install diagnostic tool is an integrated tool to fix damaged or corrupted QuickBooks files. Here are the steps that you can follow to run QuickBooks and install the diagnostic tool on your device;
- To use the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool, you have to download and install the QuickBooks tool hub from the official website of Intuit.
- Launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your device, and click on the “Installation Issues” option available on the left side of the screen.
- After that, click on the “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool” option in the green box.
- With that effect, the repairing process will commence on your screen.
- As that process ends, close all the background running applications on your device, and launch the QuickBooks desktop application.
Verify if this method has helped you eliminate QuickBooks error code 1304.
Solution 4. Run Reimage Repair Tool
- First, you must download the re-image repair tool from a trustworthy online source.
- Thereon, save the downloaded file from where you can easily save it.
- After that, double-click on the downloaded file to open it, and a pop-display message showing “If you non-existence to control the program” will appear.
- Here, you have to hit the “Yes” option.
- As the installation process ends, then open the re-image repair tool on your PC.
- Here, you ensure your device is connected with a strong internet connection.
- Once you are done with the above steps, you must run the scan to fix the damaged files.
- At last, end this process by carrying out a deep restart of your device.
You May Also Like To Read –How to Fix QuickBooks Online Error 185
In this blog, we have listed enumerated solutions that you can follow to fix QuickBooks error 1304. Troubleshooting this error does not require extensive technical knowledge, and implementing the solutions can help eliminate the error.
If you still have any queries related to the topic, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks experts. Our team of experts is available 24/7 at the help center to understand your query and provide uninterrupted services to help you use QuickBooks smoothly.