QuickBooks is an efficient accounting application that enables users to record processed transactions in company records. When recording the payments, you may encounter QuickBooks error 3120, which prevents users from completing the same task. One of the main reasons behind this error is that the transaction you are trying to enter already exists in the record.
Resyncing the transactions in the program can eliminate the QuickBooks error code 3120; however, it is not always the case. Sometimes, you may need to perform additional troubleshooting to fix the error. Read this post until the end to gather all the important information related to the resolution of QuickBooks error 3120.
Dealing with QuickBooks error 3120? Get prompt help Emailing at: [ firstname.lastname@example.org].
The Short Notes of QuickBooks Error 3120
When recording transactions in QuickBooks, you may encounter an error message on your screen along with the error code 3120. Additionally, it displays different objects that can give rise to the error. For instance, you may notice 14A5D-1435238985 or 800000-1349276859 based on the error reason. The error message looks like this –
QuickBooks has reported the following error:
Object: “X” (Object name with the elaborated error message).
Error Code: 3120
Please get in touch with your software vendor.
When this error message appears on your screen, click Yes to continue using the QuickBooks application. Proceeding further, you must implement the relevant troubleshooting solutions to fix the QuickBooks error 3120.
Reasons Behind This Error Triggering
Below is the list of the possible reasons that can evoke the error 3120 in QuickBooks:
- Improper account mapping is one of the main reasons behind the error.
- If the first exchange is damaged or corrupted.
- Improperly configured QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
- Inappropriate installation of the QuickBooks application.
- No match-up to the QuickBooks application when comparing invoices.
- The user is prompted to close the rapid inventory.
Symptoms of The QuickBooks Error Message 3120
You can identify the problem as error 3120 by keeping an eye on the following symptoms:
• You may be unable to record your transaction due to the error.
• An error message, the object name, and the error code will appear on your screen.
• Anomalous behavior of the Windows or the program itself.
After gathering all the crucial information, we can troubleshoot the persisting issue.
The Basic Things That You Must Consider Before Trying To Troubleshoot This Error
Getting errors when performing a crucial task on your accounting software can be infuriating, and you need to resolve them to accomplish the desired task. Before moving ahead, keeping a few crucial points in mind can make the troubleshooting process smoother.
- In First, you need to verify that the payment matches the amount on the invoice sent to the customer.
- Also, make sure that the actual payment and the amount on the invoice sent match the A/R account.
- In the end, run InvoiceQuery to confirm that the invoice with that particular Transaction ID exists in the database.
Following Mentioned the Best Practical Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error 3120
Now, we have reached the most crucial section of this post, which is error resolution. Below are some tried and tested solutions that can eliminate QuickBooks error 3120:
Solution 1: Setup Accounts in QuickBooks Manually To Fix Error Code 3120
Improperly configured payments and accounts in QuickBooks can give rise to the mapping issue in the program, which is the main reason behind QuickBooks error 3120. Setting up the accounts manually can resolve the error:
- When in QuickBooks Desktop POS, select Preferences underneath the File tab.
- Next, click the workstation option and move to the Account Preferences section.
- Now, confirm that the selected account for mapping is correct under both the Basic and Advanced tabs.
- A blank third bracket of the account name indicates a faulty account setup. To eliminate the error, you must add an account to the account name section.
- Now provide the relevant information in the specified boxes in the account name section.
- After that, click Save from under the Options tab.
- Now try to add the transactions to the company records and check if the error is resolved.
If not, try the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 2: Merge Duplicate Customer Names
Duplicate customer names in the vendor or customer name are one of the main reasons behind QuickBooks error 3120. Merging duplicate customer names can help you troubleshoot the error. Follow the below-explained steps to eliminate the error:
- Go to the Customer/Vendor page and navigate through the list.
- Next, right-click the name you want to merge and select the Edit Customer option.
- If you notice “Job” underneath the customer menu, hover your mouse cursor over it, and a cross will appear. You must drag the cross and place it under the new customer’s name.
- Now replace the customer/vendor name by typing “Type Customer” and clicking the OK button.
- When you see the Merge Window, hit the OK button.
- Here, you can edit the customer or vendor name by entering the original name.
- After editing, click OK and move back to QuickBooks Desktop.
To Sum It All Up!
QuickBooks error 3120 can prevent you from recording your transactions in the program. This post elaborates on some of the best solutions that can help you eliminate the problem alone. If you have any problems following the steps, please contact us via live support.