At times, QuickBooks users face Quickbooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118. This error is one of the most critical errors that happen because of missing or damaged company files.
When a user encounters this error, they initially get a Warning message as
“Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.”
Note: The status code can be different depending on the cause of the error.
Follow this article to learn different ways to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118. Else if you want a Quick solution, contact QuickBooks experts at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 140014
What is QuickBooks error 3371?
The QuickBooks error 3371 is one of the technical glitches faced by the users. If you are facing this error, then you must have a damaged QuickBooks file in your system. There can be various reasons behind this file damage; one of them is shutting down the system in an improper way when the software is still open. It sometimes also happens at the time of installation of the QuickBooks software.
In order to eliminate the Quickbooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118, you first have to understand it a little bit.
What are the Reasons Behind Quickbooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
There can be numerous causes of QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 11118; a few of them are:
• You might have shut down your system while the QuickBooks software is open.
• Error Code 80029c4a can be a major cause.
• There are some issues with QuickBooks Desktop software.
• You have an outdated Windows operating system on your Computer.
• Presence of Antiviruses or third-party applications.
• If the connection between QuickBooks data files is lost.
• Damaged MSML Component.
• If you face a Crash com error, or QuickBooks not working error, then it might end up with QuickBooks error 3371.
• Presence of a damaged file or missing QuickBooks registration file.
Also read: Get Rid of the QuickBooks Error H202
Sign of Quickbooks Error 3371
The symptoms of Quickbooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 are:
• The tools available in QuickBooks stop working properly.
• QuickBooks close down on its own.
• The freezing of your home screen.
• No response to the command that you provide.
• Crashing the window, even after having the latest version on your Computer.
Precautions for Quickbooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
Now that you know a bit about QuickBooks error 3371 status 11118, let’s go through a few tips to take care of before going forward with the troubleshoots.
• Update your Window OS to the latest version available.
• Make sure that your operating system is not corrupted.
• Check your Internet connection. You must provide a stable internet connection with great speed.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
To fix QuickBooks error 3371, Status code 11118, you can follow the given solutions.
Solution 1: Install The QuickBooks Desktop Tool hub
1. To initiate the process, close the QuickBooks software.
2. Now download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub app.
3. Save this file to an easily accessible but safe location.
4. Then go to downloads and open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
5. After that, follow the instructions available on your screen to agree to the mentioned terms and conditions to complete the installation.
6. After installation, run the tool hub by double-clicking on the Tool Hub icon.
Solution 2: Run the Error 3371 fix from the QuickBooks Tool hub
1. Go to the QuickBooks Tool Hub, and click on the Installation issue available at the left- pane.
2. Then hit on the 3371 Error Fix tab.
3. Then click on Ok,
4. Now, at last, open the QuickBooks Desktop again, and open your company data file.
Solution 3: Download the latest Windows Operating System
1. Hit on the Start button, then go to All Programs.
2. Thereafter click on the Windows update.
3. Then you have to look for new updates by clicking on the ‘Check for Updates’ tab.
4. If there will be any new update available, download it by following the instructions present on your screen.
Once the download and installation of the new operating system are done, restart your system to see the modification.
Solution 4: Rename the Entitlement File
For Windows 7 users:
1. To initiate the process, follow the path “C:/Program/Data/Intuit/EntitlementClientv*.”
2. Then you have to rename the Entitlement File.
3. After that, when you use QuickBooks, it will generate a new file.
4. However, if it is not visible, then you have to unhide it.
5. To do so, follow the given procedure :
6. Go to My Computer, and click on Select Organize.
7. After that, you have to click on Folder, followed by hitting the Search tab.
8. Then Select the hidden folders & files.
9. Now open QuickBooks and verify if the Quickbooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 is fixed.
For Windows XP
1. Open the Run window and enter C: Documents/Settings All/Users/Application/Data/Intuit/Entitlement Clientv2″ to search for EntitlementdataStore.ecml.
2. Then Hit the Ok button; by this, you can now rename the file easily.
See Also: Fix QuickBooks Error Code H505
Solution 5: Repair the Damaged QBregestration.dat file
To Fix the Quickbooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118, you can delete the QBRegistration.dat file and register QuickBooks again; this will help you in accessing the apps without any error.
To do so:
1. Close the QuickBooks application.
2. Then go to the Task Manager using Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys.
3. Then there, in the Processes option, look for QBW32.exe and right-click on it.
4. Now, hit on the End Process Tree, and after that, click on Ok.
5. Thereafter go to the run window and enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6 or 8, then click on Ok.
6. And to end, the process hit Yes, and open the QuickBooks software to check if the Quickbooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 gets fixed.
Fix Damaged MSXML Files
Complete the registration of the MSXML file:
1. Open the Run window and enter cmd.exe.
2. Then Click OK.
3. Thereafter in the cmd box, right-click to get options.
4. Choose Run as Administrator.
5. After that, enter cd\windows\syswow64 and hit the Enter key.
6. Now enter regsvr32 MSXML6.dl and press the Enter key again.
7. Then install the QuickBooks Application.
Download the MSXML files
1. Hit on the Windows start button, and reach the search box,
2. Then there, you have to enter exe /fvaum “%userprofile%\desktop\msxml.msi and press Enter.
3. Now, after installing the msxml file, install QuickBooks.
Now, do the installation Of MSXML.msi File
1. Download the MSXML.msi installation file and then right-click on it, now choose Run as Administrator.
2. After that, follow the instructions present on your screen to finish the installation process.
3. Then, at last, install the QuickBooks application.
We hope that this post has guided you in fixing the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118. However, if you are still having any kind of problem and need technical assistance, you can contact our experts. Feel free to get in contact with our professionals and get a permanent solution via email or live chat option.