Are you facing problems while installing the QuickBooks software? It can be because of QuickBooks error 1303. This error is really annoying and shows up on your screen when the installer doesn’t have full command on the directory. This error occurs due to misconfiguration between QuickBooks and Windows settings.
So if you are someone looking for ways to resolve error 1303, then read this article. In this blog, we have covered all the methods you can use to Fix QuickBooks error 1303.
Moreover, if you want to eliminate QuickBooks error 1303 instantly, then you can even email us your Queries and ask our QB professionals to help.
What Triggers QuickBooks Error 1303?
There are multiple reasons behind the QuickBooks error code 1303, but a few common ones are mentioned below:
- If the noted directory doesn’t have complete authority privileges.
- There are some technical problems with the QuickBooks installation.
- In case there is a misconfiguration in the setting of the Windows file sharing.
- Insufficient space in your system’s driver to save or keep the installer files.
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1303?
If you are still thinking about how to determine the error code 1303 in QuickBooks, you have to check its common signs, which are mentioned below:
- You might not be able to install QuickBooks software due to any reason.
- In case you can see an error code in the dialogue box on your screen.
- Your computer or Operating system is freezing.
- If your system stops responding to your command.
- Your Windows starts interacting slowly.
How to fix QuickBooks error 1303?
Now that you are fully familiar with all the important aspects of the error, let’s acquire more knowledge to troubleshoot it by following a few tried and tested methods:
Method 1: Fix Installation Errors using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is designed to rectify common installation errors that arise because of the presence of corrupted Microsoft components like .NET Framework, C++, and MSXML. As a user, you just need to run the tool, and it will automatically resolve all the common issues that you are facing with the installation. Apply the given steps to fix QuickBooks Error 1303.
- Follow the link and download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Then check the prompt to save the file on your desktop.
- After the download is completed, open the file from the desktop and select, I am having problems installing QuickBooks.
- Click OK and wait until QB Install Diagnostic Tool repairs installation errors.
- The repair process might take up to 25 minutes, depending on your internet connection speed and the performance of your computer.
Method 2: Use the Utility option
With the help of the Utility option, you can eliminate the QuickBooks error 1303 very easily. So let’s look at the steps to run the Utility.
- Begin the process by clicking on the permissionsfix.bat link.
- Thereafter, click on the Save option to save the file in your affected system.
- Then select the file, and open the DOS window on your screen.
- Now, enter Y at the prompt available on your screen.
- This will reset the permissions of the affected folders in your system.
- You will reach a new page where you will get a prompt message “are you sure you want to continue? (Y/N)”.
- You must enter y in lowercase to start the script.
Important: If you use Y in bold letters, you will get back to the error.
- Then click on any of the keys and close the DOS windows.
- Now, Put in the QuickBooks CD and try to install QuickBooks again.
Method 3: Fix Error 103 manually.
If none of the above-given methods works for you then try to fix the QuickBooks error 1303 Manually. Make modifications in the Permission to full control for the system and everyone groups for the folder C:\Documents and settings\All users.
Follow the given instructions to do so:
Stage 1: Make the change in the Permission for the apt folder.
- To start the process, Press Windows + R keys; this will open a run window for you.
- Thereafter, in the open field, fill in the path C:\ProgramData\COMMON FILES.
- Then, on the folder window, select the organize option and select Properties Windows 10.
- Now, choose properties from the top of the folder window.
- After that, check the properties window, and from that, select the Security tab.
- Next, Hit on the Advanced tab, then choose the Edit option.
- Thereon, scroll the list of permission entries and select the system user.
- Now, you have to click on the checkbox to get the Full control row.
- Hit the ok button.
- Do the same process with everyone group if it exists.
- Then, again you have to select the checkbox that says Replace all existing inheritable permissions, followed by hitting Ok.
- Now, finish the process by Installing The QuickBooks Desktop.
Stage 2: Disable the Simple File Sharing
- Press Windows + R keys
- After that, open up the Run box and copy and paste RunDll32.exe shell32.dll, Options_RunDLL 0.
- Then hit the enter button.
- Next, go to the advanced settings list on the view tab.
- Now, remove the Use simple file sharing checkbox.
- At last, to finish the process, click on the Ok button and go to QuickBooks desktop installation.
How do I fix QuickBooks Desktop installation errors?
1. Check your system requirements:
QuickBooks Desktop requires certain hardware and software components in order to run properly. Make sure that your system meets the minimum requirements outlined by Intuit.
2. Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool:
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool helps to diagnose and repair issues with Microsoft components that are related to installing or running QuickBooks Desktop.
3. Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks Desktop:
If the Diagnostic Tool doesn’t resolve the issue, you may need to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
4. Check your firewall and antivirus settings:
Firewalls and antivirus programs can sometimes interfere with the installation and running of QuickBooks Desktop. Make sure that the firewall and antivirus settings are configured properly.
5. Clean install QuickBooks Desktop:
If all else fails, try a clean install of QuickBooks Desktop. This involves uninstalling and reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop, as well as manually deleting all of the related files and folders.
If you continue to experience errors with your QuickBooks Desktop installation, contact the QuickBooks ProAdvisor team at the Toll-Free number 1888-405-0630 for further assistance.
As mentioned above, these are a few tried and tested solutions using which you can easily fix the QuickBooks error 1303. However, users might encounter issues while fixing the error in some special cases. In such a case, users can consult with our QuickBooks experts to get quick help. Our professionals are available 24*7 to listen to users’ problems all across the globe. Get in touch via email or use the live chat option and ask about all your problems.