QuickBooks error code 6190 belongs to the error code series 6000, which is a broad series of errors in the program. All the error codes that fall into this series denote trouble in opening the QuickBooks company file. However, the instances of reasons behind the arrival of the errors can vary from one error code to another.
Why QB Error 6190 takes place?
For instance, QuickBooks error 6190 occurs when another file is signed into the company file in single-user mode. There are several reasons in the program that can give rise to the error code, thereby preventing users from accessing their company’s financial records.
Besides, you need to keep a few important considerations in your mind to resolve the error smoothly. We will discuss all the important aspects of the error code 6190 in the program while covering effective troubleshooting solutions.
Need an expert’s assistance in troubleshooting the QuickBooks Desktop error 6190? Get instant help through live chat or you can reach out by dialing the toll-free number 1888-405-0630 to avail of priority support.
What Does QuickBooks Error Message 6190 Depict?
QuickBooks error code 6190 can prevent users from accessing their company files. When the error occurs, you will notice a box with the following warning message –
QuickBooks was unable to open the company file on the hosted computer.
The error can take place when there is a discrepancy between the QuickBooks company and the Transaction Log file. However, some other factors can also promote this error, and we will discuss them in the next section.
What Causes QuickBooks Company File Access Error 6190 in QuickBooks?
You may face trouble in opening your QuickBooks company file due to the following reasons:
- The discrepancy between .QBW file and .TLG file.
- When you update the QuickBooks company file on another computer and skip updating the transaction log file.
- Data corruption in the QuickBooks company file is also one of the possible reasons behind the error.
- When you try to access your financial data, another user is already accessing your company file in single-user mode.
- Common issues related to the QuickBooks software or its installation.
- Corruption in the QuickBooks Network (.ND) file or a corrupted Transaction Log (.TLG) file.
How To Determine The Arrival of the QuickBooks Error Message Code 6190?
Keep an eye on the following symptoms of QuickBooks error 6190 in order to identify its arrival:
- In the first place, you will see an error message on your screen that says, QuickBooks is not able to open this file 6190.
- You will also experience that the QuickBooks software is working slowly.
- Windows PC is responding slowly or not responding at all.
- An active window crashes in no time when the error message flashes on the screen.
- You will not be able to access your company records when required.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6190?
If you are looking for some effective solutions on QuickBooks error code 6190, we have listed them for you in this section. Explore below:
Solution 1: Repair Damaged Data File Using QuickBooks File Doctor
In the first place, you need to run the QuickBooks File Doctor to repair the damaged QuickBooks company file. To run this utility in QuickBooks, you need to download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system. Below are the steps:
- Visit Intuit’s official website and download QuickBooks Tool Hub, preferably the latest version of it.
- Next, you need to run the executable file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the tool hub.
- Once installed, open it and navigate through the list of the given options.
- You need to locate and open the Company File Issues.
- It will enable you to run the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Run it and wait until it scans your company file and repairs the potential issues.
- It may take some time, based on the size of the data file, so you need to wait patiently.
- Once done, check if the QuickBooks error 6190 is resolved or not.
If the error persists, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Run Quick Fix My Program From Tool Hub
Quick Fix My Program is also one of the incredible utilities in the program, like QuickBooks File Doctor, that can repair common program issues. You can run it using QuickBooks Tool Hub. Now that we have already downloaded the Tool Hub, follow the below-given simple steps:
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub and from the list of options, select Program Problems.
- Next, click Quick Fix My Program, and this utility will fix the common issues related to the program.
- Once done, check the status of the QuickBooks error 6190. If not resolved, move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Rename.ND and .TLG Files To Eliminate Error Code 6190
Damaged network data or transaction log files can also evoke the error code 6190 in QuickBooks. To fix it:
- Navigate to the folder address, which has the QuickBooks company file, and open it.
- Now, locate the file with the extension .ND and right-click on it.
- Thereafter, select Rename from the drop-down menu and add .OLD at the end of the file name.
- After renaming the network data file, perform the same steps to rename the .TLG file.
Check if you are able to open your company’s financial records after performing this solution.
To Put It To End!
The solutions described in this post can help you troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code 6190. If you need additional help in the error resolution, feel free to reach out to the QuickBooks experts by dialing our helpline number 1888-405-0630. They will assist you with the best solutions after connecting.