Intuit has developed QuickBooks software to meet the best accounting solutions for global entrepreneurs. QuickBooks is used mainly on tiny, mid-sized business houses, associations and firms. It has fantastic features like automatic payment schedule, multi-user mode, track inventory and business analysis reports. In recent years, many users are mostly facing H series code errors. The most common error encountered by QuickBooks users is QuickBooks Error Code H505. You will get some troubleshooting steps in this blog to resolve the H505 error code in QuickBooks. In case of any trouble, if you are looking for expert assistance and professional guidance, then you must call QuickBooks customer care to fix this error immediately.
What Do You Mean By QuickBooks Error Code H505?
H505 error code occurs when the user tries to access the company files or data from another, and the system doesn’t have an excellent additional setup, or it requires proper establishment. H-series errors are connected with Hosting setting issues. The H505 error code comes if one or more users’ computers are connected to the QuickBooks server. It is already notified that the user’s computer can operate in multi-user mode, but a system that acts as a host and storing the company files must be configured well. So, the server must be compatible enough to keep the company files of QuickBooks.
Read Also – How to Fix QuickBooks Online Error 185
Why Does QuickBooks Error Code H505 Happen?
Go through the list of factors causing QuickBooks error code H505.
The firewall has blocked incoming and outgoing communication to the company file
- Incorrect Hosting setting configuration
- QuickBooks files or folders scanning is not possible with the Database server
- Damaged or corrupted .nd file
- QuickBooks can’t trace the IP address of the computer
- QuickBooksDBXX is not running
- Inaccurate DNS setting
What Are The QuickBooks Error Code H505 Indications?
- Multi-user mode in QuickBooks has become non-functional
- QuickBooks program window has got crashed
- The computer is damaged continuously
- Windows might become unresponsive and stop frequently
- User fails to access QuickBooks company file available on the server
- H505 error code displayed on your screen
These are a few signs and symptoms that will help you to identify QuickBooks Error Code H505.
See Also – How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
What Are Preventive Measures to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code H505?
Some troubleshooting steps are mentioned below to fix QuickBooks error code H505.
Method – 1
Use QuickBooks File Doctor
Download and run the QuickBooks file doctor on the server. It will remove all the H-series and multi-user errors automatically. If the QuickBooks issue is not released, move to the next solution.
Method – 2
- Examine Services and Hosting
- Verify the Services First
- Monitor that QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor services are running.
- Press the ‘Windows’ or ‘Start’ button
- Click ‘Windows+R’ keys
- In the run box, type ‘MSC’ and click the ‘Enter’ Tab
- Search ‘QuickBooksDBXX service’ on the service page
- QuickBooksDBXX service is not visible
- Make sure that Database Server Manager is installed on the server
- Open the QuickBooks if the user has activated all programs on the server. Finally, check that hosting is enabled by verifying it
- Access the ‘QuickBooksDBXX’ service to confirm if startup type and service status has started
- Press the ‘Recovery’ tab
- ‘Save’ the changes.
Examine the Hosting
- Access ‘QuickBooks’ on each hosting computer
- Move to ‘File’ then ‘Utilities.’
- If you look at ‘Host Multi-User Access’ on the list, it means that the system can’t host the file
- When you see ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’; then select it
- Move to the ‘Company’
- Select ‘File Must Be Closed Window’
- Press ‘Yes’
Read Also – How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15215
Method – 3
Edit The Host File
- Press ‘Windows+R’ keys together to open the ‘Run Window.’
- Type ‘cmd’, press ‘Enter’ to open the ‘Command Prompt Window.’
- Type ‘ipconfig/all’ and then press ‘Enter’ to run the command
- Finally, type the ‘Hostname and IP address’ somewhere and repeat the same process for all systems with a multi-user setup.
Method – 4
Edit The Windows File
- Now, the user must press ‘Shut down QuickBooks’ and then move to ‘Start Menu.’
- Then, move to the ‘This PC’ option and confirm to open “C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc” or “C:\Windows\Syswow64\Etc”
- Next, access hidden files and folders if a user can’t find the Windows folder.
- Press on ‘View tab’ and then press on ‘Hidden Items’. The user can’t see the hidden files.
- Press right-click on hosts file and then select ‘Open’ and access it with notepad
- Type ‘IP address and computer name’ without putting any space between IP address and computer name and use Tab to avoid spaces.
- Finally, ‘save’ the changes and then re-open ‘QuickBooks’ in multi-user mode.
Read Also – How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1935
The information mentioned above will help you in troubleshooting QuickBooks Error Code H505. If an error still exists, you must call QuickBooks Customer Service to fix this H-series error code. You will get appropriate solutions when you consult with a technical executive. A technical helpdesk is unlocked for 24/7 hours to guide you.