QuickBooks is no doubt a popular accounting software mainly used by small and medium-sized businesses to manage their financial structure. However, like any software, QuickBooks is prone to errors. One such error is QuickBooks Error 108. This error generally occurs when a user tries to connect their bank account with QuickBooks, but unfortunately, the connection getting fails. You might also face this technical error while downloading your Bank transaction. The error can be frustrating for users and can disrupt their workflow.
In this article, we will discuss the causes of QuickBooks Error 108 and provide tips to make the troubleshooting process smoother. By following these tips, users can resolve the error quickly and get back to using QuickBooks without any interruptions.
Don’t Let QuickBooks Error 108 Stop Your Essential Banking Works
To prevent this error, you have to make sure that your Internet speed is great and that you are providing the correct details while filing the form. If not cured on time, the error can stay for months, making it difficult for you to link your bank accounts with QuickBooks. Thus, you need to fix this error immediately. Read this blog to acquire more information about the error!
Don’t Know How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 108? Get in touch with the Quickbooks expert via email [firstname.lastname@example.org] and find the perfect solution.
Explanations for QuickBooks Error Code
The QuickBooks error 108 occurs due to problems from your Bank’s end. It is an issue where the Bank doesn’t accept your login information. The error code 108 can also emerge due to a slow Internet connection. The unstable or slow internet speed can cease you from accessing your Bank Account transaction.
The Bank’s website conveys you a message, which you have to respond to about:
- The Bank’s new service terms.
- Their Special Offers.
- Modification in Site or information about the maintenance.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 108:
Before we dive into the troubleshooting tips, let’s take a look at the common causes of QuickBooks Error 108:
This banking-related error is basically encountered due to a connection problem with the QuickBooks software. However, there can be other reasons as well, which are mentioned below:
- Incorrect login credentials
- Bank server issues
- Outdated QuickBooks version
- Internet connectivity issues
- Software and the web server.
- You are using an older version of QuickBooks.
Note: Using an outdated version of QuickBooks can lead to various errors.
Recommended To Read: Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 324
The Reasons Behind This Error:
If you are not sure about the error, you can identify the QuickBooks Error Code 108 by checking the below-given symptoms:
- You are not able to access your QuickBooks App.
- The Program window is crashing.
- Your system becomes slow and sluggish.
- An error message displays on your System screen.
Tips to Make the Troubleshooting Process smoother:
After discussing the important information about error code 108, we have reached the most crucial section, which is troubleshooting solutions for the error. Now that let’s discuss some tips to make the troubleshooting process smoother:
1st Solution: Read all the Notification from your Bank or Credit Card Company
Check all the Messages on the Website from your Financial Institute. To do so, follow the given steps:
- To initiate the process, Sign in to your Online Banking Account.
- Now, Review all the notifications from the Bank, and find out if there is any message that is important.
- Next, Remove all the notifications that are not major according to you.
- Thereafter, Sign out from your Online Banking Account.
- Open QuickBooks Online, and Sign in to it.
- Now, look for the Banking option, and select it.
- Next, from the Banking tab, you have to choose the Update option.
- Finally, end the process and check if the error is fixed.
2nd Solution: Turn Off the Pop-up Blocker
In case the first solution won’t work for you, try the next method and check if it can help you eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 108. Follow the mentioned steps with the utmost care and attention, to do so:
- Launch your Browser, and go to the Settings option.
- Now, look for the installed Extensions.
- If there is any pop-up blocker present, then disable it.
- Next, you have to go to the Settings option of your installed antivirus program and search for the pop-up blocker feature.
- If you find it, Turn it off.
- Now, Try to download the banking transaction again in QuickBooks Online.
3rd Solution: Refresh the Connection Between QuickBooks and your Financial Institute
The procedure to update your Account connection in QuickBooks is different for the Online and the Self-Employed Version.
In QuickBooks Online Banking
- Initiate the process by login into your QuickBooks Online account.
- Now, click on the Banking or Transaction tab.
- Lastly, Select the Update option.
- In QuickBooks Self-Employed Banking
- In the Beginning, log in to your Self- Employed Account.
- Click on the profile icon
- Select the Bank Accounts.
- Press The Refresh All tab.
4th Solution: Modify your Banking information in QuickBooks Online
If QuickBooks error 108 continues to annoy you even after implementing the three procedures, it may be because you have changed your Online banking credentials and forgot to update them in QB Online. Follow these steps to make necessary changes in QuickBooks Online:
- Navigate to the banking option in QuickBooks Online.
- Now, Open your Bank account.
- Click on the Pencil icon next to the account name.
- Select the Edit Sign-in Info tab.
- Finish the process by providing your online banking new id and password.
Q: How do I update QuickBooks to the latest version?
To update QuickBooks to the latest version, go to the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks Desktop. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
Q: Can I fix QuickBooks Error 108 myself?
Yes, you can absolutely fix this error by yourself by following the tips mentioned in this article. However, if you are unsure or need additional support, contact QuickBooks customer support or can get assistance via Live chat.
QuickBooks error code 108 is specified for Online and Self-Employed versions only. However, by following the tips mentioned in this article, users can make the troubleshooting process smoother. Remember to check your login credentials, and bank server status, update QuickBooks to the latest version, and ensure that your internet connection is stable. By following these tips, users can avoid QuickBooks Error 108 and continue to use QuickBooks without any interruptions