QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077 occurs when a user tries to download updates for QuickBooks payroll. QuickBooks is an excellent accounting software utilized by small to mid-sized businesses. Besides, it also helps users to streamline the core competencies of their business payroll management. However, when downloading the payroll updates from within the QuickBooks application, you can get an error message on your screen that prevents you from updating your payroll tax tables to the latest release. To resolve this error, you need to dig out its possible reasons in the first place. This post explains the possible reasons and relevant solutions for QuickBooks payroll error PS077.
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS077: Description
When downloading payroll updates from within QuickBooks, it throws an error message on your screen that reads:
QuickBooks is having trouble when installing payroll tax table updates.
The error message also explains the possible reasons behind the error. Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company files or unregistered QuickBooks software are some of the most apparent reasons behind the error. All the errors that start with PS represent an error in the QuickBooks payroll service. On the arrival of the error, your payroll activities can get hampered; therefore, you need to fix them as soon as they arrive.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error Code 15215
Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Update Error PS077
After gaining the idea about the error code PS007 in QuickBooks, let’s discuss the possible reasons behind the error that can interfere with the update process:
• Incorrect billing information can lead to QuickBooks error code PS007.
• Damaged or corrupt QuickBooks company file is also one of the main reasons behind the error.
• When you haven’t registered your QuickBooks software.
• Outdated billing information can also lead to the error code PS007 in QuickBooks.
• When QuickBooks Payroll or some of its component is damaged.
• QuickBooks is unable to read the information registered for software.
What Are the Symptoms of Payroll Error PS077 in QuickBooks?
Now that you know the possible reasons behind the error, below is how you can determine if the error PS077 has occurred in QuickBooks software:
• You may not be able to download the payroll updates as a result of the error.
• The tax table update gets stuck in the middle of the update process.
• An error message appears on your screen containing the error code PS077.
• Your system freezes every now and then.
• Windows becomes sluggish when responding to mouse clicks or keystrokes.
Read Also – QuickBooks Not Responding
Things to Consider Before Troubleshooting the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077
Suppressing the possible reasons behind the error can help you resolve QuickBooks error message code PS077. As we have already discussed the main reasons behind the problem, we can proceed further with the troubleshooting. Before proceeding any further, you need to keep the following points in your mind:
• Make sure that you have an active QuickBooks payroll subscription.
• Verify if your QuickBooks Desktop application is updated to the latest release.
• Take a backup of your company file before you start the troubleshooting. It can prevent your data from any loss or disruption.
• Thereafter, make sure that the billing information entered in the QuickBooks Payroll account is accurate and updated.
• Confirm that only one QuickBooks software is installed on your system.
• Repair the QuickBooks application to execute the error resolution procedures smoothly.
Procedures to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS077
After considering all the important points, you can now move ahead and perform the troubleshooting procedures one after the other until the error is fixed.
Solution 1: Download the Payroll Updates Manually
To download the payroll updates, follow the below-stated steps carefully:
• First of all, log out from your QuickBooks account.
• Thereafter, you need to close all your system windows while ensuring that no QuickBooks windows are open.
• Once done, open Windows Task Manager and look for all the QuickBooks Windows that are opened.
• Here, open QuickBooks and try to update QuickBooks payroll once again.
• If the error remains unsolved, click on files in QuickBooks and select the Repair QuickBooks option from within the Files.
If it does not resolve the QuickBooks Payroll error PS077, move to the next troubleshooting solution.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error Code H505
Solution 2: Check Account Information of Payroll Service
The payroll service account information needs to be accurate and updated. To confirm, follow the below-given steps:
• Log into your online Intuit account and verify your QuickBooks license.
• Confirm that you have the latest updated version of the QuickBooks installed on your system.
• In your QuickBooks Payroll service account, make sure that the billing information is correct.
• Turn off the User Account Control and try to update QuickBooks Payroll in order to eliminate the QuickBooks error PS077.
Solution 3: Remove Multiple Versions of QuickBooks Installed on Your System
If your system has various instances of the QuickBooks installed, you need to remove them to resolve the Payroll error PS077 in QuickBooks:
• In the first place, remove all the additional installations of QuickBooks software.
• Thereafter, you need to reset the QuickBooks update.
• Once done, download the latest payroll tax tables.
• Additionally, rebuild the damaged data if required.
• In the end, perform a clean install and then reinstall the QuickBooks software in a selective start-up mode.
Read Also – QuickBooks Online Error 185
Solution 4: Download QuickBooks & Latest Payroll Tax Tables
If none of the above-explained solutions can fix the QuickBooks Payroll error PS077, then you need to download QuickBooks along with the payroll tax tables. Below are the steps:
• Launch QuickBooks and go to the Help menu.
• Now proceed further to update QuickBooks.
• Additionally, you also need to download the latest payroll tax table.
• Also, re-sort the list to verify the user data.
• Thereafter, perform a clean uninstall in selective startup and check the status of the error code PS077.
Solution 5: Turn Off User Account Control
User Account Control active in the background can interfere with the QuickBooks payroll update process. In such a case, turning UAC off can help in the error resolution:
• Select Start and then select Control Panel.
• Next, you need to click User Accounts, and then click it once again.
• Moving ahead, click Turn User Account Control On Or Off.
• Once done, deselect the Use User Account Control (UAC) To Help Protect Your Computer option and hit OK.
• In the end, click Restart Now.
After performing these solutions, you can get rid of the QuickBooks payroll error PS077.
Why is it important to update QuickBooks Payroll?
Updating QuickBooks payroll is crucial to stay compliant with pay-check calculations. To do so, you need to have an active QuickBooks payroll subscription. Payroll updates provide the most accurate and current rates and calculations for supported state and federal tax tables, e-file & pay and payroll tax forms options. Besides, you can harvest the improved payroll features by updating the payroll services. You can set QuickBooks to download payroll updates automatically when they are available over the Internet. Using an outdated version of the QuickBooks payroll can make your business accounting prone to several issues, such as QuickBooks payroll error PS077.
From reading this post until the end, it is evident that updating the QuickBooks Payroll service is imperative in order to manage payroll from within the QuickBooks efficiently. QuickBooks payroll error PS077 occurs when downloading the latest payroll updates. This post elaborates the possible reasons and resolution for the concerned error so that you can fix it on your own. Having trouble? Get in touch with the experts to get intelligible solutions on Payroll update error PS077 in QuickBooks.
FAQs on QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077
Question – 1 – When does the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077 occur?
Ans – The user might face QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077 while downloading/installing the QuickBooks payroll updates
Question – 2 – How does one identify QuickBooks Error PS077?
Ans – There are certain symptoms of QuickBooks error PS077. They are as follows-:
a.) The users will not be able to download payroll updates.
b.) The system will freeze impromptu
c.) Windows will crash and this error will be displayed on the screen.
d.) The tax table will fail or interrupt on its own
Question – 3 – What considerations should be kept in mind before the troubleshooting process of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077?
Ans – Following considerations should be kept in mind before moving on to the troubleshooting process of the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077-:
a.) Only one QuickBooks application should be installed in the system
b.) One should ensure the backup of the company file
c.) QuickBooks Payroll Subscription should be active
d.) Application needs to be updated to the latest version
e.) Billing information in the payroll account should be verified
Question – 4 – How many methods are there to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077?
Ans – There are basically 5 troubleshooting methods that can resolve the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077.
Question – 5 – Name the 5 methods that are used in the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077 resolution?
Ans – The 5 troubleshooting methods are as listed below-:
a.) Downloading the latest payroll tax table
b.) Turning off the UAC
c.) Renaming the CPS folder
d.) Installing and re-registering the latest QuickBooks Desktop updates
e.) Running Software Repair
Related Blogs –
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS032?
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159?
How to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error PS107?