QuickBooks payroll error PS036 is a common error that is faced by QuickBooks payroll users while updating the payroll tax tables. This error disallows the users to calculate the taxes. QuickBooks users will be able to notice this error with a pop-up display message as;
“Error Code PS036 IMAGE”
If you are also encountering the payroll error PS036, you can follow this complete blog to get a clear idea of the troubleshooting steps.
“Get quick assistance in fixing QuickBooks payroll error PS036 by connecting with our QuickBooks experienced technicians via chat or Email at [ firstname.lastname@example.org].”
Also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1304?
Why Does QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036 Arises?
There can be plenty of reasons a user may encounter the QuickBooks error: Payroll PS036. Although, below we have covered some of the most possible and high probability reasons which lead to the occurrence of the error;
• QuickBooks payroll account subscription is inactive.
• QuickBooks Paysub.ini file is damaged or corrupted.
• Incorrect service key.
• An invalid EIN of your QuickBooks payroll subscription account can also lead to the QuickBooks payroll error PS036.
• Incorrect PSID.
• An outdated version of QuickBooks can be the primary reason behind the payroll error code PS036.
• If multiple payroll agreements are active with a deactivated direct deposit agreement.
Solutions to Terminate QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036
Let’s take a brief look at the tested solutions that you can easily perform to resolve QuickBooks payroll update error PS036 on your device;
Solution 1. Verify Your QuickBooks Payroll Subscription
Given below are the steps that you can execute step-by-step to verify the payroll subscription on your QuickBooks account;
• First, close all the QuickBooks company files, and perform a deep restart of your PC.
• After that, move to the “Employees” section, and click on the “My Payroll Service” option.
• Thereon, you have to select the “Manage Service Key” option.
• Now, ensure that the service name and status are shown as correct and active.
• Moving ahead, you must click on the “Edit” option and verify the service key number.
• If you find it incorrect, you have to provide the correct service key.
• Followed by the above steps, click on the “Next” option, and uncheck the “Open Payroll Setup” option.
• At last, click on the “Finish” option, and then the downloading process of payroll updates will start.
In case the steps mentioned above do not help you in fixing QuickBooks payroll error PS036, then don’t get panic and try the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 2. Rename Paysub.ini File
Let’s take a look at the steps that you can follow to rename the Paysub.ini file;
• Firstly, navigate to the windows file explorer on your device.
• Thereon, you have to click on the “Organize” option, and then select the “Folder and Search” option.
• Next, you have to navigate to the “View” > “Hidden Files and Folders” option.
• Moving ahead, you have to check-mark the “Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drivers” option.
• Save all the changes by clicking on the “Apply” and “OK” option.
• Thereon, click on the “My Computer” option, which is available on the left side of the windows file explorer.
• Type “paysub.ini” in the search bar, and hit the enter button.
• Followed by the above steps, do a right click on the “paysub.ini” file, and select the rename option/
• Now, add “.old” at the end of the name, and save the changes.
You must carry the same steps for all the paystub files available on your device.
Read also: Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
Solution 3. Rectify the QuickBooks Payroll Service Key
Suppose you registered to your QuickBooks payroll services through an incorrect key. In that case, it can lead to various technical glitches while downloading the new updates, resulting in QuickBooks payroll error PS036.
In that scenario, editing the incorrect payroll service key can help you to resolve the error. Let’s take a look towards the steps that you can follow to rectify QuickBooks payroll service key;
• Launch the QuickBooks software, and click on the “Employees” section.
• Thereon, you have to click on the “My Payroll Service” option, followed by selecting the “Manage Service Key” option.
• After that, to remove the wrong service key, you have to click on the “Remove” option.
• Followed by the above steps, click on the “Add” option, and then provide the correct payroll service key.
• Moving ahead, the payroll update message will appear on your screen. Here, you have to click on the “Next” > “OK” option.
• Once you are done with the above steps, you must verify that the service status appears active.
Important: You must ensure to note down the service key through the automated service key retrieval tool. Besides you can also find the service key in your email.
The above listed are the solutions that you can follow to fix QuickBooks payroll error PS036. If the solutions mentioned above do not help you in dealing with the issue, or if you want to talk with QuickBooks experts, you can get in touch with our team through mail at [email@example.com] Our experts are available 24/7 to assist you with the best solutions related to QuickBooks errors.